Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update

So sorry I haven't blogged for awhile....there really is NOTHING going on in town....all the fishermen have gone home for the holidays....it's cold and snowy outside...makes for a white Christmas..

Maui was FANTASTIC! Would LOVE to move there...perhaps in the spring. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Ka'anapali...was an absolute first class joint. Unfortunately I ended up in the hospital with a lung infection, so got to check out the medical care at Maui Memorial, and I have to say it was great! Only lost a few days due to illness and I couldn't have asked for a better "nurse". Scott was wonderful, so understanding. He was sick the first couple of days, he got better, I didn't. But laying by the pool and snorkeling was just what the doctor ordered. When I have access to a faster computer I will post some photos of our travels. Scott got to "Meet the Parents" on Bainbridge Island too. They all got along well, thank goodness! Now if only the cuzins could meet him....How 'bout if we stop in MD on our road trip in June?????

We went to the "Harbor View Inn", formerly the Unisea Sports Bar for my friend Amy's going-away party Saturday night....had a BLAST! I have photos of that too, but alas my computer here is too slow to upload at the moment. Stay tuned for lots of photos to be posted....

Opie season opens on Jan. 15th, so I believe crew/captains/processors will be heading to town after Jan 1st and I promise I will get some photos of DC crew/captains as they arrive..oh yeah, tidbit for you....Capt. Phil did NOT go fishing for Kings....(don't tell anyone I let the cat out of the bag) LMAO

Love, Lauri

1 comment:

  1. LMownAO!!!
    Been wondering where you were...
    Glad to see you back on line.
    and, yes, a detour through Maryland would be required!!
    Will try and be patient for pics....I'll just view others while waiting. >:-) he he heeee!!

    Love ya, Hon!
    Mj in MD

    ReplyDelete