Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy New Year

Santa was very good to us....
This is, by far one of the prettiest and most fun cars EVER!!!!

I'm slowly adjusting to life on another rock. Bainbridge Island is really beautiful...I almost feel claustrophobic with all the trees around, but I think I will get used to it.

Scott leaves tomorrow (Monday) for Dutch Harbor...this time taking the Juris fishing..it's going to be a long, cold, lonely winter with him gone. But he will get to see my Elmo and bring him his toy from me. Sherrie and Jan are taking really good care of him...thank God for them!

Well, I'll be going to doctor's here in the Seattle area and try to find out what the problem is and IF I will be able to return to Dutch and back to my job at the library. I miss everyone and everything (well ALMOST) about Dutch and will for sure return, if only to visit.

Happy 2010 everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Miss ya! Hope all is well there and you get nice and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too!! I'm so glad everyone started blogging again today :)
    THAT CAR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    How weird is it to have movies and stores and all that sort of stuff? My husband left a couple days ago and says they're going to be in and out from now until next fall, that's what we get for marrying boat guys, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fellow Bloggers! Jane, my prayers are with you! I hope everything is going good for your baby girl :)Hang in there and remember, there is ALWAYS hope.

    CD....it was weird to see that only CB has been religious in his blogging! I just haven't had much to report on. I miss you all so much! I know what you mean about marrying "boat guys" LOL....and I feel like I'm living in a different country! I'll keep ya'll posted and look forward to reading about everyone's antics in Dutch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY ! Lauri is back :) I LOVE that car btw - beautiful. I'll have to come out for a ride around Bainbridge with ya .... MISS YOU !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pick you up at the airport, you just let me know WHEN!!!!

    Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally girlfriend! A post - whoo hoo! Yes, that car is beautiful (now that I finally get to see a picture of it - LOL)! I'll email you soon (was just thinking about doing that and then I saw you updated your blog). Oh, and I didn't know Elmo wasn't with you - I'd be devastated if I didn't have my dog with me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori, I AM devastated! He is almost 13 years old, I think the flight alone would kill him. I cry myself to sleep every night thinking about him! Thank God for Sherrie and Jan, they are taking excellent care of him.

    Looking forward to your e-mail. Hope you are doing good in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAAA!! Welcome back, Laurie-Belle!! I, too, am happy to see the bloggers back...reading/traveling has been slim pickings. Cars nice..... >;-D Feel weird Not to have to drive a truck or SUV?
    Been missing ya...glad to see you're still around. :-) Hugs to your M&D for me. Now I'm off to read CD's....she's been MIA too long, too.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe! I look forward to hearing, if you "can" return to dutch and your puppy! Sounds like a fun road trip? :-)

    ReplyDelete