Friday, February 26, 2010

Resignation

OMG, I officially resigned from the Unalaska Public Library yesterday, after an appointment with a pulmonologist here on Bainbridge Island. I am so sad to think I won't be returning to the place I called home for the last 11 years.

Dutch Harbor will always be special to me. I already miss the scenery, especially the eagles and foxes. Not to mention my precious dog, Elmo. He has elected to stay in Dutch Harbor with his cousins, Eider and Rio....living with my sister Sherrie and BFF Jan. I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of him. My heart aches for him.

I will be back to visit soon, probably in March or April as my husband is out fishing on the Bering Sea and I hope to be there to greet him when the season is over. We will then begin building our life together here in Washington.

Perhaps when I get my S*&^ together, I will blog about life on another "rock"....this one, complete with trees.

Cheers! Lauri

2 comments:

  1. OMG girlfriend - I am so sad :-( for you too. Been so busy and am a s*&^ too for not emailing you. I'll be in touch soon......you take care and you too, email me when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri, I will miss you and it will not be the same going into the library and not ever seeing you there again! I wish you all the best as you embark on the next phase of your life in a new place and know that you will make the best of it! Hope to see you when you come back to visit. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete